code of conduct
this code of conduct is based on tilde.town's, which is in turn based on the Citizen Code of Conduct, released under the CC-BY-SA license. as such, this code of conduct is released under the same terms.
a primary goal of breadpunk.club is to be as inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds, as possible. as such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
this code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
we invite all those who participate in breadpunk.club to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
vision of breadpunk.club
breadpunk.club exists to provide a safe, non-judgmental, and fun place to explore creative projects and crafts of all kinds and to see an intentional digital community.
we are here to redefine the boundaries and meanings of community in a post-google era of the internet. we are here to provide and to create for each other a space free from the constant consumerist messaging the wider internet inundates us with. in the same way the simple act of making our own bread frees us from the market forces that cause needless suffering and commoditization of human life, interacting on tilde servers such as breadpunk.club frees us from the consumer-producer dichotomy inherent in the wider culture.
for more information on breadpunk.club's vision, refer to the manifesto.
to that end, breadpunk.club strives to be a radically inclusive community where people of all backgrounds and all technological and gastronomical experience levels can come together for peer education, to delight in one another's creations, and to make good conversation.
the following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- participate in an authentic and active way. in doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- attempt collaboration before conflict.
- refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- if anyone asks you to stop a particular kind of behavior, always err on the side of respecting their wishes. if you believe their request is unreasonable or unfair, ask an admin, but don't respond with hostility.
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this code of conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions by any breadpunk.club user online, at any related events, or in one-on-one communications carried out in the conduct of breadpunk.club related projects. community event venues -- physical or digital -- may be shared with members of the public, so please be respectful to everyone at those locations.
harassment includes the following: harmful or prejudicial verbal or written
comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religious choices,
or disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public
places (like your
~/public_html pages); deliberate intimidation, stalking or
following; harassing recording; sustained disruption of the work of others;
and unwelcome sexual attention.
consequences of unacceptable behavior
unacceptable behavior from any community member, including those with decision making authority or sudo access, will not be tolerated.
anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. if a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the breadpunk.club admins my take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from breadpunk.club (meaning your account would be revoked and ~ deleted) without warning.
if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
if you are subject to or witness of unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please see the contact information below.
additionally, help engaging with law enforcement is always available.
if you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, use the contact information below to send a concise description of your grievance.
we expect all breadpunk.club members to abide by this code of conduct while
- engaging with others locally on the server
- publishing content hosted on breadpunk.club
- engaging in community activities, whether in cyber- or bread-space
- ~breadw @ breadpunk at acdw dot net
volunteer and other admins
admins can be reached privately
- on IRC using
/msg breadw hi
- via local breadpunk.club email, e.g.
- or via normal email at the addresses above